Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting

Someday it will all come together
But for now I am waiting.
Someday my Prince will come
But for now I will become a princess.
Someday my ship will come in 
But for now I will swim everyday.
Someday I will feel better
But today I will do my best.
Someday I will be rich and happy, 
But today I will be thankful for what I have.-JBL

Life is funny that way. Things come and go. Friends come and most often stay. But when they go, the time they were there is worth it in the end because of who I became when I was their friend. Loss happens. Life is short. And the wheel of life is always turning. Waiting around for things to improve is not always the best use of time. Maybe things will get better. The economy might improve. My credit score will go up. My work will get easier. My relationships less stressful. But then things might not ever improve. Or I might have to wait a long time before I see any changes. 

 My work is to do my best, to practice kindness, and to take care of the things that matter. Someday I will discover that living in the moment, making the best use of my time and energy, and paying attention to that still small voice will be the best kind of waiting.       
   

No comments:

Post a Comment