Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Absolutely!



I love the word absolutely. I love its meaning and the sound it makes when when you say it with emotion. I love the solidness of the word. To say you absolutely love someone or something is to say it with conviction.
I absolutely love my children. I absolutely love my family. I absolutely love warmth, lobster, lilacs, my home, and the joy of creating something. But I haven't used that word much in conversations lately.
It's a word I don't often use around
strangers or acquaintances.
That kind of conviction can be off putting. 
But it is such a great word and yet it should
not be used frivolously. I want to find a good
reason to use that word sometime soon.
I want to be absolutely in love with life and to
feel the convictions of my youth.
I want to believe absolutely, to love absolutely,
to trust absolutely. 

"If you want to do great things, you absolutely have to do something that you love doing."
-Don Burnette

No comments:

Post a Comment