Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Details


                                                                                              
I noticed the way the sun felt cold this morning and then was warm as the day opened up. I noticed the sweetness of the sound of a child's laughter, so spontaneous and uncontrived. I was aware of the many colors of grey in pebbles and the blue grey in my aging hands. I felt the air change as the sun set and the darkness make me shiver. All the tiny details of my day. A grove of trees on a hill sporting colors of Autumn in a place where the seasons don't really present themselves with much flamboyance. 


I was lucky today. I got to have many chances to live in the moment. Watching. Observing. Listening. Feeling. It is rare in the rush and push of these times. Experiences are blips and flashes of light. Today though, I was able to slow things down and just enjoy small bits and pieces. Like sunlight on hair, language emerging, and warm wind.  Ah, yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment