Friday, May 11, 2012

Lake Thoughts

Water, thou hast no taste, no color, no odor; canst not be defined, art relished while ever
    mysterious. Not necessary to life, but rather life itself, thou fillest us with a
    gratification that exceeds the delight of the senses.
        -   Antoine de Saint-Exupery
 
It is a remarkable thing to be able to walk to the lake whenever I want! 
I try not to take it for granted, and yet, I have only visited this lovely place a few times in the month or so 
since I have been home. 
I love the way the wind constantly changes the surface of the lake and that the shadows reveal 
patterns and hidden treasures just beneath the surface. The trees that take root so close to the shore,
 the stones made smooth by the constant moving. Buds form on the edge of the twigs, full of hope.
 I love the tangle and twist of the roots-the chaos is magnificant!  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment