Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day One

OK. So here goes. My first day of trying something new. I have been thinking of writing a children's book for a long time. I have had the idea for years and today I began the first draft of the story -and scribbled this as the idea for the kind of illustration I want. I want it to be abstract and loaded with color and movement. I am not sure I want to be the artist, but I want to find someone who gets the ideas and translates them the way I see them in my head. The format of the story will be prose/poetry-two or three lines for each drawing. I will let the book evolve through trial and error. But the basic premise and story is already clear in my head. Putting it on paper is harder than I thought it would be! Maybe that is why I have put this off for so long, but I want to work on it this month a little every day. It is exciting to finally take something that has been festering inside and watching it emerge-playfully and unexpectedly. The hard part will be to silence that inner critic that keeps telling me that I am no author or illustrator. It helps to know that Dr. Seuss was rejected many, many times before he was published. 

No comments:

Post a Comment