Friday, January 27, 2012

The Whisper


“Let your heart guide you. It whispers softly, so listen closely.”
Making decisions never comes without debate or
second guessing for me. I can ponder things to death sometimes.
I put weight on things that really don't matter.
 So I am beginning to quiet down and listen
closely for that whisper. That still small voice.
The peaceful knowing that comes from trust.
Trust that there is a bigger picture.
Trust that there is a master plan that doesn't
 really depend on what I do. And yet, there is always that possibility that
my decisions really do make a difference somehow.
It happened this past weekend.
I had to decide about something financial and that would
affect my living situation. In the grand scheme of things, it really wouldn't
be a decision that altered the world too drastically.
But it was important to me, so I believe it was important to God.
So, I sought His advice. And when i was on the way to the appointment, a
still small voice told me to turn around and to go back.
It can be argued that my own fears were talking. Or the voice of reason stepped in.
Either way, I turned back and cancelled the appointment. It could be argued that I
missed an adventure -or dodged a bullet. Maybe I will never know which.
But, the great thing is, I felt a gorgeous peace about my decision to turn around.
So, I am not saying that every decision I make throughout a day must wait for that
whisper, but I really want direction for the important ones. I want a dialogue- a questioning about the bigger picture. I want to include One who knows the beginning from the end to have some say in how my life goes. I want what I chose to do to matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment