Friday, October 28, 2011

Last Minute Halloween Costume



What do you do when you have to come up with a quick no-sew costume? Well, having very little money these days, I headed to the $ store to see just what I could come up with for under $10. It was fun, and I actually had conversations with fellow shoppers. One who thanked me for inspiring her! 


In the back of the $ Store is a large bin of clothing. From there, I got a large brown linen shirt and a yellow vest. Then I found some large fleece gloves and 3 elements for the halo- sparkly leaf garland, leaves, and a pre-made candle ring. So far, six dollars. There is a Michael's next door and I wanted some straw (a small bundle was $6.- on sale! ), so I headed for the artificial flowers and found this perfect sized bunch and brought it to the cashier for a price check. I was truly happy when it rang up for one penny! I didn't even have to use my 40% off coupon! Ha!
 I added a pair of moccasins, a flowy brown skirt and tights, and I will fix my face like a scarecrow, and voila! -harvest fairy scarecrow! 

So far, $6.01.

Well, when it was time to get ready,
 I gave up on the scarecrow part because I didn't want a smudgy make-up face, and because the straw kept coming out of the baggy shirt.
So, I ended up using the halo on my head, the sparkly garland as a belt, and added terra- cotta colored tights and a pair of purple shoes. I used the leaves to attach to the belt, button holes, and on my shoes.It actually came out OK for something so last minute and for so little money.

No comments:

Post a Comment