Friday, October 28, 2011

Birthday Girl

Today is my wonderful sister's sixtieth birthday. Six decades on planet Earth. I am only one of many who are so glad she was born! From the beginning of my life, Rosie was there to comfort, guide, encourage, and love me.  In this photo, taken in 1954, my sister's arms surround me-holding me securely and with a confidence most three-year olds don't possess. I am the very lucky little baby.

That confident little three year old grew into a remarkable woman. Not just for her accomplishments, but for the wonderful human being she is. Rosie's patients in Alaska will have stories of their own. Her husband and children and grandchildren also have their story. In fact, everyone fortunate enough to know Rosie will smile at the mention of her name.
But this is my story, and today I honor Rosemary on her 60th birthday with this tribute.

                                 Rosie and her husband Wayne on their son Ben's wedding day                                   

                                                  A song always in her heart
                                                  A smile always on her face
                                        A warm embrace at the ready
                                                  A willingness to listen to anyone
                                        A joy that comes from deep inside
                                                  Rosie is rosy and we are rosier too
                                        Because she was born on this day!


                             Happy birthday, sweet sister! I will celebrate you all day.  

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment