Monday, October 31, 2011

Home


HOME

This is not my home. It is just a home. Maybe somebody lives there. Maybe it is vacant. But it reminds me of what I imagine when I think of what a home is. A shelter from the storms of life, maybe with a great view, a place where people get together and share life. A place to read a book, get dressed, eat, cook a meal, stare into space, laugh with a friend, and to feel safe.
Today I visited the home of a friend. It was like being in a tree house. From the room where we shared a cup of tea and homemade bread, I could see the tops of trees and rooftops. I enjoyed laughter with her sweet son. I walked in the gardens as she picked avocados and persimmons for me to take home. It was visit that was short and sweet, but it felt like home should feel. 
Home should feel like gratitude.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Ij3rV_ZS4




































No comments:

Post a Comment