Monday, April 2, 2012

Homecoming

This garage that needs paint will most likely the first sight I will see when I pull into my driveway. There are always projects galore and it is hard for me to resist all that "puttering"!
There are smells to get rid of-mold, small animal, furnace oil, and just plain old neglect. 
So many surfaces will be crying out for a fresh coat of paint!
Boxes will need unpacking, rooms aired out, gardens tended, and the list goes on.

But I love it all! And the East Coast portion of my year will begin as I leave behind the West Coast. I am grateful for this life and for the joyful work. Each chore is part of the nesting process. But this year, I will try to take more breaks and breathe in that clear air and the smell of pine trees. It wont be long before the lilacs appear! I will fill the house with them-large bouquets in every room! 

    I will leave the West Coast with pieces of my heart still there, but thankful for the fond memories, the good friends, and the ocean sunsets.
Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment