Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cool Spring!


Lake view from the gazebo
 
Birch tree about to bloom against the cool blue sky
 Today the wind is blowing fiercely and the temperatures are in the 30s. When I arrived back home 2 weeks ago, the temperatures were in the 80s. Wait a minute! Isn't it supposed to be getting warmer as summer approaches?? Oh well, as they say here in Maine, "if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute." I think I just said that!

The gardens are slowly getting cleaned out, but the past few days have been too wintry to stay outside for long.  So many of the branches from the willow cover the yard, and I pick them up and fill the concrete slab and then take them to the dump or weave them into a wreath or cut them into mulch. And the next day I go out only to find hundreds more branches everywhere. I guess the old willow is also getting rid of excess. Like me.
I have been sorting and putting stuff in boxes for Goodwill since I have been home. I am looking forward to an errand day where I take a full box to Goodwill and a full trunk of branches to the dump. Until then, I put on the music I have missed all winter and dance around like snoopy when he gets his food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment