Friday, April 6, 2012

A Tribute



This morning, Good Friday, a dear friend and constant light became a star in heaven. 
She was a part of my whole life-best friends with my mom since my childhood. 

Always ready to crack a joke, or offer food, unwavering in generosity. A warrior for the oppressed, a healer and true friend.  
 Expressing her opinion with kindness and openness, looking for the positive spin on every situation.
 One day, she called me just to see how I was. She wanted to "shoot the breeze" she said.

She took my daughter into her heart and home. Unflinching,without questions or expectations, matter-of-factly. "Family takes care of family! "she said.

What I will miss most about her:
Her laugh
Her quick responses to anything said
Her ability to really listen
Her extraordinary Italian cooking
Her home-always open to anyone at any time
Her willingness to have an adventure
Rest in peace, Auntie Ann!

No comments:

Post a Comment