Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Christmas Apron

This Christmas was different than any other year. We were unsure of our plans until the day before Christmas Eve and so a lot of things got done at the last minute, or did not get done at all. At first, I felt kind of left out of Christmas all together, but then I just decided to take what there was and work with it. I managed to get cards out, but not much else. It felt strange not to bake or shop or create anything.

The day we were leaving to drive from San Diego to Las Vegas, a package arrived in the mail. I threw it into the car with the hastily packed bags and planned to put it under the tree. When the gift giving was going on, we were so caught up in the joy and merriment of the children, we didn't even notice that we had not packed all the gifts for each other and it turned out that the gift from the mail was my only gift to open on Christmas morning. When I opened it, it was a wonderful Christmas apron sent with love from my sister.
Along with the gift was a story about all the things that an apron could do. As it turned out, I did end up using mine as a protection for my dress, as a potholder, and to transport bits and pieces from place to place.

I am not at all sad that this was my only gift I opened on Christmas day. It was exactly what I needed to feel Christmas-y. Thanks sweet sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment