Monday, December 12, 2011

Cards in the mail

I love this time of year- especially when the cards start to arrive in the mail. It is so amazing these days to get a card  because a lot of people have given up on that tradition. The email cards are cute, but nothing like the real ones you can hold in your hand.

 I am making most of the ones I am sending this year partly because I have a hard time finding ones in the store that have a good message inside and partly because money is scarce. I also enjoy the surge of creativity and using up scraps of fabric and paper to create cards unlike any other. This year, I am keeping it simple, wishing family and friends the simplest part of the Christmas message:
Joy
Peace
Good News
Love unconditional for all mankind
Hope

I will treasure each card as it arrives. Each year there are fewer.  People are busy and writing out cards takes time and a little effort, but how sweet it is to find a hand written card in the middle of that pile of bills and junk mail! 



No comments:

Post a Comment