Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tree Thoughts

Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness.
~ Kahlil Gibran ~


I couldn't help but to notice the gorgeous texture of this tree. It was near the beach and dancing in the wind the day I took this photo.It reminded me of trees I have seen in the Maine woods that have been carved by lovers. Except this carver preferred to etch lines in code.
And this  lovely woven basket is also part of a tree by the beach.
Jagged and spotted but perfect and a magnificent work of art.

This gnarly faced knot in an old tree smiled his gummy smile as I walked by and I turned around and faced him in all of his hideousness and we winked at each other. No one had taken his photo in a very long time and he seemed grateful for the attention.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment