Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love-ly




Something eternal. I guess Van Gogh was thinking of love itself, not how it is perceived by humans. We use the word love so loosely these days, that the definition has gotten all muddled up. People love pizza and sports teams and the color purple. Songs are written mostly about love either mourning its loss or praising its wonderful-ness. Nobody really knows how to define love but we all want it in our lives. We want to be loved, be IN love, and to give love. What is the essence of love anyway?  This something eternal that moves us to do such crazy things? This essence that fills us up and motivates us? 
I am no expert on love, but I like Valentine's day because we get to tell the people in our lives that we love them. I love the unexpected surprises that come with this day. I love the sweet things the children I teach say to me and to their friends.
 What a great idea this holiday is!

No comments:

Post a Comment