Sunday, December 23, 2012

West Coast Again!

Well, my East Coast /West Coast life continues!
             
Thinking I was going to spend the winter months in North Carolina, I had already      accepted that I would not get to see the Pacific Ocean for a while.
                     But here I am. Wading in the surf wearing a sundress in December.

On the way, we stopped at Lake Havasu City, AZ in the desert to see the reconstructed bridge that used to be in London, relocated piece by piece and now standing in the middle of a desert.

I was thinking about the history of that bridge, the song I used to sing as a child while jumping rope, ("London bridge is falling down, my fair lady.."), and how strange that an American oil tycoon would buy a bridge that once spanned the  River Thames in England. So he could put it in a desert!

       Moonlight Beach
-sunshine, warm, salty air, gull and pelican sounds breaking silence, children squealing when feet touch the chilly water, food cooking scenting the air, waves crashing
-sleep on a sandy blanket.


No comments:

Post a Comment