Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Helpless





   
"I pray because I can’t help myself. I pray because I’m helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn’t change God, it changes me. -CS Lewis

Hurricane Sandy is hammering the East Coast with strong winds and snow and flooding, causing power outages and death. It is a Tuesday morning and my two children are in Maine and New York City. I feel helpless in North Carolina-unable to do my best to keep them safe. Halloween is tomorrow and the new President of the United States will be chosen one week from today.I had a job interview today that didn't feel promising and all of this together makes me feel helpless. It is a strange way to end a month and to begin a new adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment